TRANSPORTATION, ACCOMODATION & TOUR PROGRAM

Transportation, Accomodation & Tour Program

TRANSPORTATION

The nearest airport to the location is Mardin Airport, which is about 22 km away. Our guests can use Havaş buses to and from Mardin Airport.

For the participants who will travel by car, Atatürk Cultural Center where the symposium will be held is 6 km away from Mardin Artuklu University Campus.

All transportation processes will be organized by the participants of the symposium only local transportation for lunch and dinner will be arranged by the organizing committee.

ACCOMMODATION

The participants of the symposium will carry out the accommodation themselves, some of the hotels which are convenient for the location of the symposium are presented below.

Apart from the hotels in the region, it is possible to find alternative accommodation models such as hostels and apartments. Participants are free to choose accommodation models they deem suitable.

Mardin Artuklu Öğretmenevi, MARDİN ili 13 Mart Mahallesi 11. Sokak No:7 Artuklu Mardin. It is located in Yenişehir District in downtown to the west of Mardin Castle. It is 1 km from bus terminal and 15 km from the airport. Mardin Artuklu Öğretmenevi is approximately 2.8 km away from Mardin Artuklu University.

Mardin Polis Evi: Yenişehir Mah. Kızıltepe Kavşağı Artuklu / Mardin. It is 14.8 km to the airport and 1.9 km to Mardin Artuklu University.

Mardin Artuklu Üniversitesi Sosyal Tesisleri ve Uygulama Oteli: 1. Cadde Üçyol Kavşağı Mevkii No:148/B Artuklu/MARDİN. It is in a walking distance to the city center. It is 3 km from the bus terminal 18 km to the airport and 5 km to Mardin Artuklu University.

Karayolları Misafirhanesi: Çağlar, Diyarbakır Yolu, Artuklu/Mardin. It is 3 km to Mardin Artuklu University.

Mardin Çevre ve Şehircilik İl Müdürlüğü Misafirhanesi 13 Mart Mahallesi, Emniyet caddesi  47200 Artuklu / Mardin.

It is 9.3 km to Mardin Artuklu University.

 Phone: +90 482 212 11 99

 

 İl Sağlık Müdürlüğü Misafirhanesi: Mardin Valiliği Arkası 7 Nolu Aile Sağlığı Merkezi ve Verem Savaş Dispanseri bitişiği   ARTUKLU/MARDİN.

It is 10 km to Mardin Artuklu University. 

Phone : +90 482 212 77 03

Alternatives:

Erdoba Elegance Hotel: Midyat Yolu Üzeri Ömerli Cad 3.Km, 47060 Artuklu/Mardin.

Phone: (0482) 212 15 00

Yay Grand Hotel: Nur Mahallesi Toki Karşısı, Diyarbakır Mardin Yolu, 47200 Merkez/Mardin. Phone: (0482) 212 57 77

Reyhani Kasrı Hotel Mardin:  Teker, 1. Cadde, 47000 Mardin/Mardin Merkez/Mardin. Phone: (0482) 212 13 33

MEAL

Lunch and dinner will be organized and served by our symposium committee on 6th and 7th  of November. Meals for two days and coffee breaks are included in the symposium fee.

TOUR

Mardin

It is located on the southern slopes of the Mardin-Midyat threshold, at the most convenient passageway connecting the Upper Tigris basin to the Al-Jazeera plain, at an elevation of 1000-1100 meters above sea level, dominating the ancient roads from Iran, Azerbaijan and Anatolia to Syria, Al-Jazeera and Iraq.

Modern researchers say that the word Mardin is related to the warrior tribes, the Mardes and that they were placed here by Iranian ruler Ardashir. It is among the views suggested that Mardin’s real name as Merdin meaning “castle” found fame among the people. This name is likely to be related to the city’s natural eligibility for defense and suitability for surveillance activities. The name Mardin first appears in the work of Romanian historian Ammianus Marcellinus in 4th cc AD. Until the spread of Islam in the region, Mardin remained a secondary fortress. The city, which gained military importance during the struggle of the Roman Empire and then of Eastern Roman Empire against the Sassanids, were taken peacefully by one of the commanders of Hazrat Omar, Iyaz B. Ganm. Starting with 10th cc it became one of the most important cities of Al-Jazeera later on. During 12th cc the city was the center of economics and politics.

Mardin Castle

Built by Hamdanid Dynasty in the 10th century, the castle is 1 kilometer long and 30-150 meters wide. It is understood from the information given by the travelers who visited Mardin at various times that there are many structures in the castle. Another feature of the castle, which has a view dominating Mardin, is that it has been fortified with very little attachments on the natural rock.

Fafih Castle

It is located 8 km southeast of Ömerli near the village of Beşikkaya. The castle is also an old residential area.

Zinciriye Medrasah

It is located to the north of the Medrese District. It was built in 1385 by Melik Necmeddin Isa. It is also known as Sultan İsa Madrasah. Malik Isa, who fought against Timur and his army, was imprisoned in this madrasa for a while. The madrasah, which attracts attention with its stone works and sliced shaped domes at the entrance, has two courtyards and two floors. The mausoleum of Sultan Isa and many old inscriptions are available at the madrasah.

Kasimiye Medrasah

The building, which is located under the hills to the southwest of the city of Mardin, was built with smooth cut stone. It is understood from the architectural style that the building was started during the Artuklu period and completed during the Akkoyunlu State.

Kırklar Kilisesi – The Church of Forties

It was built in the 5th century and located in Şar neighborhood. The church attracts attention with its three entrance gates, mihrabs with fine stonework, four hundred years old wooden mihrab gates, 1500 years of root-stained curtains, a bell tower house in its large courtyard, and a divan with incredibly engraved stone carvings. The bones of forty martyrs were brought to this church in 1170. Today it is the Mardin Metropolitan Church.

 

 

 

Meryem Ana Kilisesi ve Patrikhanesi – Virgin Mary Church and Patriarchate

Built in 1860, the church has an acoustic sound system. In the church, the patriarch’s seat and sermon are decorated with wooden craftsmanship and have an elegant appearance.

The Patriarchate was built in 1895. The Patriarchate was transferred to the Ministry of Culture in 1988 and was restored and used as a museum since 1995. Part of the former Patriarchate building was demolished during the 1914-1915 expansion work.